Total Money Raised: $231.00
See below the queue for details;
- Done! [link] Seeds of Kindness 2 [link]: $32.00
(See our donation: [link] on Jan 3rd, but its in Euros so its only 24 euros for 32 dollars)
- Done! [link] Make-A-Wish Foundation® of America: $105 (Receipts and thanks: [link])
1. - 50% Done [link] Make-A-Wish Foundation® of America: $24 (Receipt: [link]) *Next on hiatus until scene chosen*
2. - Done! [link] $20 for UK Help for Heroes [link]
3. - In Progress : $50 for Kiki's Treatment Fund [link] Receipts and thanks: [link] [link] [link]
Note: I'm usually available on DA from 10pm to 2am EST for sure. So if I take a long time to respond, you can usually expect a response around then
Here's where I keep commissions I've done so far: [link]
These commissions seem to take me approximately two weeks per image. Work, and general artistic frustration and struggle, make it seem to take this long. I try to do my very best with the commissions, which is why they take about 10x longer than my personal paintings... and I think the result shows. However I truly want to do it faster but at the moment it is about two weeks wait per image
Commissions are open again! Except this time, 100% of all your payments will go to charity.
It can be a charity of your choice, or if you don't mind specifically where it goes, to a charity of my choice. If you leave it up to me I'll be sure to send it to a non-political / non-controversial purpose. I was inspired by many of the Brony charity livestreams / drives such as [link] to give something back. I love to draw to make people happy, not to make money.
So order a commission, and you'll get your idea painted as skillfully as I can, I'll enjoy making the artwork, someone down on their luck will get aid, and we'll all feel quite good about that
If any other artists out there read this and want to do the same thing, let me know! We can link each other on our commission pages to reach a wider audience.
Pricing is $20 for a picture with one character, and for more characters, add $4 for each extra one. This price applies if you just want a sketch, line-art, background or no background, black and white, or fully painted, it's all the same. For example:
A picture like [link] or [link] would be $20
A picture like [link] would be $24
A picture like [link] is $40
If you want to donate even more than I ask, of course, that'd be very welcome and generous!
Payment will be through PayPal. If you cannot use PayPal but would like to pay via mail or some alternative, let me know and we'll work something out. DA points will not be accepted.
Ideas I will not draw: Anything politically charged, hateful, or intended to cause harm to someone. Anything that focuses on gore / violence for its own sake. Anything sexually explicit / pornographic. I have nothing against people who like these themes, I just don't want to draw them.
I reserve the right to refuse other kinds of artwork too after I hear them, but don't be afraid to ask. I will not presume to judge someone for their idea, no matter what it is.
How to ask for a commission:
1. Using DA notes (preferred) or email ( email@example.com ) send me a detailed description of the picture you'd like. But I'm slower to respond to email. This is your opportunity to tune the picture to perfectly match what you're imagining, so be as specific as you can! This includes:
- Characters' mood, expression, and action (very important)
- Characters' body appearance, dress, and accessories
- Background environment, time-of-day, lighting, abstract or not?
- Overall mood (sadness, joy, grief, beauty, cuteness, terror, love, order, chaos, etc. ) In other words what emotion / sensation, if any, should the viewer experience?
Also, link me to the charity, if you have one in mind, that you'd like me to send your payment towards! If you don't have one in mind, just tell me to donate it anywhere I like. I will forward the organizations' response back to you after I make the donation, so you know how much and where your payment went.
Let me know what kind of style you would like the picture drawn in. The best way to do this is to point me towards another piece of artwork of mine that shows an amount of shading, line style, coloring, and other features that matches what you would like. If you would like me to employ styles from other places, by giving examples from different artists, comic books, or other media, I can do that too, but the results will be unpredictable.
Alternatively, if you don't care what style it's in, and want me to use my own judgement, that works too.
2. I'll respond, letting you know if I accept the idea along with the paypal link, or if I need more information. If I accept it, I'll put you into the commission queue. I will send the top person in the queue a PayPal link and await payment, and once it is received I'll get to work! Slight change here from last time I offered commissions: People lower in the queue, 2nd, 3rd, etc, will receive the Paypal link as I'm finishing up the last one and about to begin your picture. But you'll only have 2 days to respond or I'll have to move on to the next person.
If you would like to be able to receive the sketch for feedback and adjustments, or choose from a set of sketches to be painted, we will have to discuss a different price for that, depending on how much control you desire. Know that unless you ask otherwise, I will not provide updates on the drawing's progress until it is finished.
3. Once the artwork is finished, I will send you a secure link to download it, and that will be it! Afterwards it would be wonderful for you to post feedback about whether you are happy with the result. Also you can let me know whether it is okay for me to post it publicly in my gallery. Once it's done, it's yours, and you can post it anywhere, edit it, or do anything you like to it. However if it contains copyrighted characters I am not responsible for any subsequent infringing use.
So, submissions are now welcome! Fire away